We Are Going Coco-Loco For This Coconut Chai Iced Coffee
Iced drinks, although very popular in the summer, are equally enjoyed all year long. Cue our Coconut Chai Iced Coffee. Similar to a “dirty chai”, our version is infused with spicy chai flavors, a dash of coffee and topped off with some creamy coconut goodness. Luxurious, and easy to make, this rich & creamy sp-ICED concoction will be your new fave afternoon libation.
- 2 Heaped Tablespoons of Calmer Chai
- 2 Heaped Tablespoons of Ground Coffee Beans
- Boiling Water
- Coconut Cream
- 1 tsp Hiranya Honey (optional)
- Ice Cubes*
- Calmer Sutra Chai Sprinkles
- Place your Calmer Chai into a heatproof jug and add 1 cup of boiling water (and a spoonful of our Hiranya Honey if you want a little bit more sweetness). Mix to combine, and set aside for about 3-5 minutes. Strain.
- Add ground coffee beans and 1 cup of boiling water to a French press. Let sit for 2 minutes, strain and set aside. (You can also use a shot of espresso for more of a coffee hit!)
- Fill a large glass with ice cubes (the more the better…fill it to the top!)
- Pour your strained chai mixture over the ice (about half way)
- Add strained coffee mixture (about an inch from the top)
- Top with coconut cream for a rich coconut flavor and texture!
- For a cafe-like finishing touch, dust with our Chai Sprinkles.
We recommend the ratio being 3 parts chai mixture, 2 parts coffee, 1 part coconut cream, but feel free to adjust to what suits your palate. *Want an extra chai kick? Try freezing the chai mixture ahead of time into your ice cube tray, and create some chai iced cubes! The more chai flavor, the better (in our opinion).
Don’t have coconut cream (or after a healthier option?), simply use coconut mylk, oat mylk or any plant-based mylk of your choice.
To make things even easier for your next coconut-chai libation, you can create larger batches of both the chai and coffee mixture and store in the fridge until needed. Should last in your fridge for up to 5 days.
We hope you enjoy!
Love From, The Calmer Sutra Team x
WATCH THE VIDEO
Need a little more support? Check out our video tutorial!