Are you ready to CRUMBLE? This dessert favourite is so easy to make that you may find yourself baking it all winter long. We used our Chai Baking Spice to season the apples and swapped out dairy to create this deliciously spiced vegan dessert. With hints of coconut, this knockout apple crumble is the new crumble in the jungle!
Stewed Apple ingredients
- 5 Apples
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Tbsp Chai Baking Spice
- 1 Cup of Rolled Oats
- 1/3 cup Desiccated Coconut
- ¼ cup Coconut Sugar
- ½ cup Melted Coconut Oil
- Cut apples into small cubes and place into a medium saucepan.
- Add water and Chai Baking Spice. Stir to coat.
- Cook covered on low heat for 20 mins or until the apples have softened.
- Once cooked, place stewed apples into a baking dish and set aside to cool.
- In a separate bowl, mix all the crumble ingredients together.
- Press crumble mixture over the stewed apples
- Bake at 200 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Let sit at room temperature for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Top with your favourite vegan ice cream or yoghurt and enjoy!
WATCH THE VIDEO
Need a bit more support? Check out our video tutorial!
Still have some spare apples in your fruit bowl? Try our Chai Spiced Apple Muffins for that perfect snack. Or, if you are after a pre-crumble meal (we think it’s called dinner?), we’ve got you sorted with this Healthy Vegan Biryani. Yum!
We hope you are enjoying our recipes! For more inspo Sign up to our monthly newsletter for special deals, exclusive offers and delicious chai-inspired recipes and ideas. On top of that, you will receive 10% off of your first order. Now that’s a deal.
Follow us on instagram at: @calmerchai and tag us in your recipe creations!