At-Home Spa Day
Who doesn’t love a good old pamper session? Make it even more luxurious and ritualistic by creating your own spa treatments at home using some of our favourite Calmer Sutra Tea products!
Homemade beauty products are fast becoming bathroom staples as more of us strive to limit single-use plastic, chemicals and other unknown additives from our daily lives.
Grab a friend or loved one and try out these 4 easy and effective DIY treatments to re-create a spa environment at home...
1. Tea-Infused Ice Cubes
Short on sleep? Puffy eyes? Make some calming ice cubes with our Floral Fields tisane and Evermore tea.
- Brew all 3x tea bags together in 300ml of hot water for 3-4 minutes
- Once mixture has cooled to room temperature, remove the tea bags and compost them if you can!
- Pour into ice cube trays and freeze overnight
- Wrap each ice cube in a face cloth and rest on your tired eyes for instant relief
- Put your feet up and take a few mindful breaths
2. Tea-Infused Face Mask
Looking for a gentle and calming face mask to bring back your glow? This calming blend using chamomile, rose and lavender is easy and quick to make using pantry staples and is great for sensitive skin.
- 2x Floral Fields organic tisane bags
- 1 teaspoon of high-quality honey
- 2 tablespoons of oatmeal
- 70ml of hot water
- Brew the tea bags in 70ml of hot water for 4 minutes
- Cool to room temperature
- Mix the brewed tea mixture with the honey and oatmeal
- Apply the paste to your skin and leave for 20 minutes
- Use a damp cloth to remove the mask and rinse your face thoroughly
3. Sunburn Remedy Tea Bath
Black tea is a powerful and restorative treatment for sunburnt skin - and let’s be honest, we’ve all been there! On par with the aloe vera plant, our Evermore tea will soothe and nourish your skin rapidly.
- 4-5x Evermore organic tea bags
- 500ml of hot water
- Cotton ball or reusable bamboo makeup pad
- Make a strong brew with all tea bags in 500ml of hot water for 3 minutes
- Cool to room temperature
- Use your cotton ball or bamboo pad to gently dab the tea onto the affected area. Let your skin absorb the tea completely and then reapply.
- Continue this process 5-6 times. Do not rise off!
- If you have sunburn across your entire body, you can make a calming tea bath and soaking for 30 minutes
4. Sweet Chai Exfoliating Scrub
Need a good polish? Us too! Bring your skin back to life this Winter with this aromatic and delicious body scrub. It’s also a beautiful DIY gift idea.
- 2 tablespoons of Calmer Chai
1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 5 tablespoons of high quality coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon Chai Baking Spice (optional)
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix all ingredients together
- For an aromatic kick, add the Chai Baking Spice at the very end
- Transfer into a reusable jar
- Rub the scrub in circular motions all of your body to exfoliate and buff dead skin cells away
- Rinse off thoroughly