Tame your (overheated) inner-child with this delightfully chilly treat.
Recipe makes 4-6
For the days that you seem to be sticking to everything around you and just need a little frosty relief, we have come up with this deliciously cool summer treat. Rich & spicy, this “Chai Latte Icy-Pole” combines the classic chai flavors that we all know and love, with some creamy velvety fun! Time to embrace your inner “chill”.
- 2 Tbsp of Calmer Sutra Chai
- 500ml of Boiling Water
- 500ml Milk of Choice (we like it with coconut milk)
- 1 tsp of Hiranya Honey (or preferred sweetener)
- Add chai to a heat-proof vessel then pour over hot water
- Add honey, stir to incorporate, then let steep for 1-2 minutes
- Strain chai mixture into icy-pole molds until they are about half full
- Freeze for about an hour
- Once (mostly) frozen, pour over the milk until the molds are full to the top
- Freeze overnight and enjoy!
This recipe can be enjoyed in so many different ways; from swapping out the Chai for our Super Spiced Cacao, adding pistachios or other nuts, or even extra ginger for that fiery zing. The most important thing is to just have fun…and remember to share!
Have fun and enjoy! Don't forget to tag us in your creations @calmerchai
The Calmer Sutra Team