A beautifully rich (yet light) high protein mousse, with a secret ingredient - silken tofu! It might not be your usual mousse ingredient but it actually works perfectly. It’s creamy and acts as such a great base to absorb the chai and chocolate flavours. Time to indulge…but remember to share!
Protein rich / Vegan option / Gluten Free
- 300g Silken Tofu (room temperature)
- 2 Tbs Calmer Chai (+1/4 cup water)
- 1/4 cup Dark Choc Chips (I love Loco Love ones)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbs Hiranya Honey or Maple Syrup
- To serve; fresh berries and top with Chai Sprinkles
- Brew the Calmer Chai; 2 Tbs in a small bowl / mug and pour over 1/4 cup of hot water. Let it sit and brew for a minute, strain and let it get to room temp.
- Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and stir occasionally until the chocolate has melted. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Place the tofu, strained Calmer Chai, honey and vanilla in a blender or small food processor and process until smooth. Add the chocolate and blend again until smooth.
- Divide between 3 cups and refrigerate for 20 minutes. To serve, top with the berries and Chai Sprinkles.
Notes: The tofu, melted chocolate and chai all need to be at room temperature to ensure the mousse is smooth and silky.
To make it vegan use the Vegan Chai, vegan choc chips and substitute the honey with maple syrup.
Holly Nash is a qualified Dietitian and Nutritionist based on the Gold Coast. She loves inspiring others with her recipes using nourishing and local ingredients!